Programming language is a set of instructions that can perform a specific output. The Scripting language is a programming language supporting scripts written just for particular runtime conditions to automate a specific function execution. Originally, programming languages were used to build Internet Explorer, PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word.
As time changed, there was an improvement in these programming language interfaces. That was the time when scripting language came into reality. Scripting language included an enhanced programming interface and other functionalities.
Meaning of Programming Language:-
The Programming language is a standard language that contains a bunch of commands that provides detailed results when provided into a system.
Meaning of Scripting Language:-
A scripting language sustains scripts written just for computer programs. Scripts support a special run-time environment to automate the execution of detailed functions.
Interpretation Programming and Scripting Languages
Interpretation Programming Language:- Programming languages are created into a better-consolidated structure. They do not require to be solved by any different language.
Advantages and Disadvantages
Advantages of Programming Languages:-
- These languages are programmer-friendly languages.
- They are simple to write.
- It is simple to maintain and debug.
- Easy to find an error.
- This language results in better productivity as well as simplicity to learn.
Disadvantages of Programming Languages:-
- Programming language takes additional time to translate the code.
- It’s processing slower than low-level programs.
- This language is less memory efficient as compared to the scripting language.
- It cannot communicate directly with the hardware.
Advantages of Scripting Languages:-
- It is free and open-source.
- It is a great way to start with programming languages. Because it is quite easy to learn as well as code.
- Scripting language requires less memory to execute the code.
- They are portable languages.
Disadvantages of Scripting Languages:-
- Scripting languages are quite slow as they demand line-by-line conversion.
- The interpreter in scripting languages analyses per statement line by line during run time.
In this article, we deeply explain the difference between Programming languages and Scripting languages. And, we also covered the advantages and disadvantages of Programming Language and Scripting language. Hope this article was helpful for all the beginners.